Why is FSSAI Registration Required?
FSSAI Registration or License is required for all type of food business operator in India. If you are starting a food business or existing food business operator, FSSAI registration or FSSAI License is compulsory required FSSAI License Certificate can be obtained by filing an online Application with FSSAI's website. FSSAI License is required for all type of food businesses like Manufacturing, Processing, Catering, Hotel, Transporter, Packaging, Storage, Distribution, Export/Import and retail sale of food products in India or outside India. FSSAI Registration or license is mandatorily required to be obtained before starting a food business.
What is FSSAI License No?
FSSAI License Number is a 14 Digit unique Number is issued by the FSSAI Department after examination of documents submitted online by the Applicant and further submission of documents may be required to the D.O. Further FSSAI officer Will conduct Physical inspection to the premises of food business operator. FSSAI Officer can also raise requirement for product test report in case food product is in sensitive category. FSSAI Inspector has right to sample of food product any time in order to ensure that food safety rules have been followed. In case Sample failed the require standard, the FSSAI License issued may be cancelled and penalty can be levied in the due course.
The food business operator has to keep in mind the that necessary food and Safety compliance checklist are in place, the necessary food safety guidelines has been laydown by the FSSAI Act 2006 and further notification / Advisory issued from time to time. FSSAI Department's Officers usually conducts surprise visits at the premises of food business operator where food products ae manufactured or stored or sold or available for sale (Offline or Online ). The Motive of FSSAI Department isto ensure that Food Safety standard has been followed by the FBI or Not.
The FBO has to maintain the high-quality Manufacturing process, adherence to Packaging guidelines, Storage guidelines applicable on the respective food products. The security and safety of the end consumer must be at top priority. FSSAI basic license and FSSAI State License is issued by the State government officer. FSSAI Central License is issued by the FSSAI regional office Located in Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Lucknow, Guwahati, Kolkata& Chennai.
What is FSSAI License or FSSAI Registration Procedure?
FSSAI Department works very actively these days, currently 40% to 50% of FSSAI registration process is online, however still you may need to hire a FSSAI License Consultant. Further government has been building an online interface for e-submission of documents by the food business operator to the FSSAI Department. While selecting FSSAI License Consultant, please check whether the consultant has Prior domain experience in FSSAI Consultancy or not.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
- A. Aadhaar card of the Business owner.
- B. Scan Copy of Pan
- C. Scan copy of the signature.
- D. Scan of Photographs.
- E. Detail about the business activity.
- F. Declaration about the Business place in Form A
FSSAI License - Central (Manufacturing)
- A. Same documents as in case of FSSAI State License
- B. Audited balance sheet in case Food Manufacture is applying for a Central license.
What is FSSAI License Fee?
In Practice, we see two types of FSSAI fees, which you may need pay for getting the FSSAI License. One is government fees and Another is Professional fees to CA/ Lawyer. Though FSSAI registration or License is online Process but still without proper knowledge of FSSAI Act, it is difficult to complete the food licensing process.
How to Apply for FSSAI Registration?
If you are a food business operator and Willing to apply for FSSAI Registration or License, the FSSAI regulator has defined the simple process which you need to follow. You can take support of a FSSAI License consultant,so that easily you can secure a Food License within 3 to 15 working days.
Steps for FSSAI Registration online explained at below
Place order on www.enterslice.com and we will send form A, Attached KYC of owners, select an appropriate business activity.
Submit declaration & select Food items.
We will Deposit Challan either online or via bank counter deposit and Submit online / Offline documents to email@example.com
We will response to re-submission from FSSAI department
FSSAI License Consultant does regular Visit / Follow-ups with FSSAI Dept. & Clarify their objections / Questions.
Food Inspector will visit to see your business / Manufacturing process
FSSAI Department will issue FSSAI License after investigation / Examination of documents and business case submitted to the department.
Penalty for Non-Registration With FSSAI
As A Food Business operator, it is mandatory to apply for FSSAI registration or Food License depending on business nature. in case you failed to obtain the FSSAI License, you shall be liable for a punishment of Rs. 5 Lac with imprisonment for a term 6 Months. Read more about the FSSAI Non-Compliance Penalty It is advisable to obtain FSSAI Registration before you start a business.
What is FSSAI Department?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the regulator for all type of food business in India. FSSAI Department is responsible to ensure that all food-related laws & Regulation are being followed by a food business operator. FSSAI is an autonomous body reports to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
What are benefits of obtaining FSSAI License?
FSSAI license or FSSAI Registration number must be printed on every food products available for sale or free distribution. If you timely obtain Food License Number, you save your business from Non-Compliance legal action by the FSSAI Department. If you mentioned FSSAI license Number on a product, it builds customer faith and confidence on a food product or a brand.
Following are the benefits of FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License
- Customer Awareness - Customer prefers to purchase a food product on which FSSAI Number has been found at backside of the label.
- Legal Advantages - FBO can save from heavy penalty by FSSAI Department. As Food Business Operator, you should promptly apply for Food license before starting a food business.
- Use of FSSAI Logo - You can print FSSAI Logo on the label of your food product
- Business expansion - Easily you can expand your business without any hassle.
What are the Types of FSSAI License?
The Selection of FSSAI License types depends on the business volume or turnover or Installed capacity or Location where you operate food business. Depending upon the turnover or capacity an FBO, You Can Apply for FSSAI Basic registration, FSSAI State license or FSSAI Central license. FSSAI License is online process, however You may need to visit FSSAI Department for answering the questions/ Clarification asked by the FSSAI inspector.
- FSSAI Registration online (For Turnover below Rs. 12 Lac in a Year) DO will verify the E-KYC of FBO and if everything is as per law, the application will be approved in 2-3 Working days.
- SSAI State License? (For Turnover above Rs. 12 Lac and less than Rs. 20 Cr in a Year)For the food, Business with turnover between Rs. 12 Lac to Rs. 20 Cr. annually or/additionally. Turnover limit is same for FSSAI State trading license or FSSAI State Manufacturing license.
- FSSAI Central License (Manufacturing)For Turnover Above Rs. 20 Cr in Case of Manufacturing or Trading or Storage beyond certain limited as specified by the law.
- FSSAI License for Importer / ExporterEvery food business operator is planning to export or import food product from/to India. Mandatorily, he/ She has to apply for FSSAI Central license before Export or Import will take place in India. For FSSAI Central license, IEC (Export Import code is mandatory )
Documents Required for FSSAI License - State level
- A. Same as FSSAI Registration ( As Above
- B. Business registration certificate - COI/GST/Partnership Deed
- C. List of Plant and Machinery
- D. Photographs of Machinery
- E. ID Proof of person responsible for FSSAI Compliance
Documents Required for FSSAI Central License (Exporter and Importer)
- A. KYC of Directors / Partners Owners
- B. Business Registration certificate - COI, AOA, MOA / Partnership Deed
- C. List of food Products intent to import or Export
- D. IEC Code in case FSSAI license is to be applied for Export / Import.
FSSAI License Fee or FSSAI Registration Fee (Only Government)
- A. FSSAI Registration Rs. 100 P.A
- B. FSSAI State License Rs. 2000 to 5000 P.A (Actual fees you can enquiry from FSSAI License consultant)
- C. FSSAI Central License - 7500 P.A
Usually if you hire a CA or Lawyer you may need to pay professional fees in range of Rs. 4500 to Rs. 10,000.
What is FSSAI Online Registration Process Without Visit to Government office.
- A. Click on Get Started Button on FSSAI Checkout
- B. Enter your Name, Phone No and Email id
- C. Select your Registration / License / Type / Year
- D. Make Payments via Debit Credit card
- E. Email us documents via at firstname.lastname@example.org
- F. Get FSSAI Registration in 3 days and FSSAI License in 15 to 30 days
What is FSSAI Annual Return?
After obtaining Food License, you need to take care of FSSAI Annual Compliance specified by the FSSAI Act. As Food business operator, you have to submit an Annual return to FSSAI Department by 31st May of following financial Year, the return can be filled in form D-1. In the Form D-1, you need to declare complete details about the business activity like manufactured quantity or Export or Import Value and Gross. FSSAI Return is applicable irrespective of turnover in a Financial year or business activity.