What is GST Registration
In the GST Regime, businesses whose turnover exceeds Rs. 20 lakhs (Rs 10 lakhs for NE and hill states) is required to register as a normal taxable person. This process of registration is called GST registration
For certain businesses, registration under GST is mandatory. If the organization carries on business without registering under GST, it will be an offence under GST and heavy penalties will apply.
GST registration usually takes between 2-6 working days. We'll help you to register for GST in 3 easy steps.
What is GST Registration Process?
The Goods And Services Tax (GST) Registration services at ClearTax helps you to get your business GST registered and obtain your GSTIN.ClearTax GST experts will guide you on the applicability and compliances under GST for your business and get your business registered under GST.
Documents Required for GST Registration
- 1. PAN of the Applicant
- 2. Aadhaar card
- 3. Proof of business registration or Incorporation certificate
- 4. Identity and Address proof of Promoters/Director with Photographs
- 5. Address proof of the place of business
- 6. Bank Account statement/Cancelled cheque
- 7. Digital Signature
- 8. Letter of Authorization/Board Resolution for Authorized Signatory
Who Should Register for GST?
The applicant and the registrar should agree on a contract. This contract usually defines rights and obligations of both parties and includes liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- 1. Individuals registered under the Pre-GST law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.)
- 2. Businesses with turnover above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States, J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
- 3. Casual taxable person / Non-Resident taxable person
- 4. Agents of a supplier & Input service distributor
- 5. Those paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- 6. Person who supplies via e-commerce aggregator
- 7. Every e-commerce aggregator
- 8. Person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person
GST Registration Fees
GST Registration is a tedious 11 step process which involves submission of many business details and scanned documents.
You can opt for ClearTax Goods And Services Tax (GST) Registration services where a GST Expert will assist you, end to end with GST Registration.
Penalty for not registering under GST
An offender not paying tax or making short payments (genuine errors) has to pay a penalty of 10% of the tax amount due subject to a minimum of Rs.10,000.
The penalty will at 100% of the tax amount due when the offender has deliberately evaded paying taxes