Memorandum of Association (MOA)
MOA of Society is also called as NGO registration form; MOA contains society name, aim and objects, occupations of the members of the committee.
Bye-Laws of Society
The bye-laws documents contain provisions in respect of following matters.
- 1. Society identity such as name and address
- 2. Information related to activities of society.
- 3. Society membership details include admission, eligibility, withdrawal & termination of members.
- 4. Details of manner of meetings to be held, quorum, function & responsibilities.
- 5. Information of office bearers and their appointment, removal, recall and election.
- 6. Finances related data's such as types of funds to be raised and liability of members for discharge of debts.
- 7. Data's related to internal matters of the settlement of internal disputes and dissolution of the society.
Note: According to Society Registration Act, the bye laws should be witnessed by two witnesses apart from the notary who shall not be members.
Time limit for registering Society in Rajasthan is 30 days.
Applying for Society Registration through Registrar
To register a society in Rajasthan, application, affidavit in a prescribed format (reproduced below) along with all supporting documents needs to be submitted to concerned Registrar. After approval, the registrar will issue MOA and Bye - Law documents.
Applying for Society Registration through Online e-Mitra
Here is the step by step guide to apply for society registration under Rajasthan Society registration act 1958 online through e-Mitra portal.
- Step 1: Go to e-Mitra official web page.
- Step 3: Select login option from home page. The link will be redirected to Rajasthan single Sign on (SSO) page.
New user Registration
- Step 3: If you are new to Rajasthan SSO portal, you have to click on register button for registration. Enter your email id for registration. In case of Government employee, enter email id given by the Government.
- Step 4: Once you login to the web page, select society registration option from the menu. Provide the all mandatory details for registration such as member details, aim of society etc. Provision for uploading application form is also given in the portal.
- Step 6: You need to pay the applicable fee for society registration, submit the request for society registration by clicking on submit button.
The application for society registration will be forwarded to concerned registrar online, after approval you can obtain the MOA and Bye-law documents.
Provide your application number for society registration and click on get result. Status of application will be displayed. You can get the MOA and Bye-law documents after getting approval from concerned Registrar. Login again to the portal for obtaining registration document. After obtaining the documents the society can run legally.
Documents required for registering society in Rajasthan are listed as follows:
- 1. Application Form in Prescribed format.
- 2. Self-attested copies of By-Laws and Main objects of the Society.
- 3. Details of members of the executive committee such as name, address and occupation.
- 4. Self attested copies of Address and ID Proofs of the office bearers.
- 5. Name, father's name, occupation and address of the society members.
- 6. Affidavits of Office Bearers with Photo attested by the Notary Public, the office bearers are President, Secretary, Vice president and Treasurer.
- 7. NOC of local member of Municipal Corporation or local body or Sarpanch.
Fee for Registration
Society Registration Fees will be decided by the competent authority in the state. To apply for Society registration through e-Mitra, an amount of Rs.74 have to be paid.
Applying for Society Registration through e-Mitra Centers - Offline Method
Procedure for apply Society Registration certificate in e-Mitracentre is explained in detail below
- Step 1: You have to approach the concerned e-Mitra center in your area.
- Step 2: You have to submit an application for Society Registration online at the e-Mitra Centre.
- Step 3: Submit all supporting documents (as mentioned above) to the e-Mitra Centre operating personal. The request for Society Registration will be forwarded online to the concerned authority.
Note: e-Mitra operating personal will issue a receipt, which contains Society Registration application number and application number will be sent to the registered mobile number and to mail id.
Note: Progress of the application will be updated through SMS.
- Step 4: The concerned authority, Registrar, will process the Society Registration request and after successful verification, the Registrar will issue the documents.
- Step 5: Once your request for society registration is accepted, an SMS will be sent to mobile number as the application has been approved.
- Step 6: Revisit e-Mitracentre, provide your application number to e-Mitra operating person; the applicant can get a printed copy of the MOM and Bye-law. After society registration, it can be run operated.
- Step 5: Click on save button after entering all the details and upload all supporting documents.
Status of Application
You can check the status of application of Rajasthan Society registration through e-Mitra official website.